I’ll admit it, I am not the best about remembering to recycle and I am definitely not a tree hugging hippie that is out to reuse/recycle every piece of trash in the world. (Not that there is anything wrong with that.) But I do like to try and reuse things in creative ways.
This project idea came from empty wine bottle laying around my house and the desire to have a cute set of candle holders.
See how I made them below…
1. Soaked the wine bottles in warm water and then peeled of the labels. Use a razor if the label is being difficult.
2. Use Wite-Out Tape to make a design on the bottles. Make sure the tape is pressed down well so that paint does not get underneath the tape and the lines are crisp.
3. Use acrylic paint to paint the bottles. It usually only takes one coat but for bolder colors use two.
4. After the paint has dried, peel off the tape.
5. Add candles and Voila! You have a pair of homemade candle holders for your table.
You can even make a set for every season. Here is another set that I made earlier this year.
Come up with your own designs and share them below. There are countless possibilities!
Check our my Christmas version here!